Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 18, Transfer #3

I haven't gotten your package, but it looks like I'll be getting it in a week or two. It's already in Praia, but I'm kinda on a different island. So anyways, this right here is Ravidson, or Ravi for short. He is 23 and is such a boss, he is a recent convert, barely got baptized the week before I got here. He had a lot of problems with alcohol but he was able to get over them. He had a couple of fall backs, but he is going strong. I took a pic with him and he wouldn't smile, so I got after him and made him take another pic lol.


Yesterday we had 10 investigators at church!!! I was super happy! This family right here were among them. I'm super excited to keep working with them and help them come closer to our Heavenly Father. Last night was Transfer night, I had my fingers crossed so I wouldn't get transferred, which thankfully, I didn't. We are working with sooo many families, there's no way I want to leave them till they all get married and baptized, lol. One of these families is Valdivinho and Teresa. We had a Family Home Evening with them. Valdivinho is actually a less active and one of the first people to get baptized in the city of Mindelo. He actually found us when he was drunk lol. We were walking down the street and we heard a guy yell "The Church of Jesus Christi of Latter-Day Saints, the one true church!" He was drunk and stuff, but we still made an appointment with him and we went by a couple of days later. We started teaching him and the woman he is living with (who is super catholic) and now she wants to be baptized! I love that family soo much, they all showed up to church 2 times in a row.

So we took this pic on Saturday at District meeting. I love these guys, they're some of the funniest people I've ever met haha. Elder Romano and Elder Hartman are sitting next to me and Elder Burch, Elder Olsen, and Elder Taylor are standing in the back. Also, I'm gonna try forwarding a pic of our zone. 


Well, I don't have any time left, so take care!!! I love you! Buh bye!

-Elder Zuniga

No comments:

Post a Comment