Monday, May 18, 2015

Week 69

I just had one of the most successful weeks out of my entire mission. This week was awesome, we taught non-stop and the sacrament meeting attendance has been going up bit by but in the past 3 weeks. Yesterday it was 51... still needs to grow more but it's good progress. Last transfer the average was like 38. God is blessing us so much in this area, and we should have a baptism this Saturday. 

So this is a picture of my district, it's super diverse. From left to right: 
Elder Barros - From Cape Verde
Elder Kabanako - From Kongo 
Elder Dominguez - Republica Dominicana
Elder Stone - Utah of course
Elder Cassule - From Angola
Me - From South Texas/Northern Mexico haha!
Also, we got fed Cachupa yesterday and I took this picture and was shocked by how freaking big my mouth is lol. Everyone has always told me that I have a huge smile but for some reason it stood out to me a lot here. 

I still call McMullin every once in a while, the family that him and I were preparing to baptize back in Santa Maria was baptized yesterday! I was super happy for them. 

Oh and so I ate a new fruit! It's called pinhao. It's sooo weird, it's a mix between a mango, pineapple, and a pear. It tastes super acidic but I liked it a lot. 


And a funny story: Yesterday we were teaching an investigator and his drunk uncle cam in halfway through and sat down. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation, about the 3 kingdoms of glory and we compared them to the sun, moon, and star. And at the end my comp asks them "In which kingdom would you be the happiest?" and the drunk uncle is like "I don't want to go to the sun, it's going to be too hot". Lol drunk people say the stupidest things sometimes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment