Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 64

    Well, my week was great! We almost doubled our Sacrament attendance from last week. It was 37 last Sunday and 61 yesterday. It was way awesome seeing the chapel that packed with people. We had been struggling for a while, I don't know why but it happens. They weren't all investigators, a lot of them are less actives that we have been working with and they are coming back strong. It's going to help this area tons, we literally only have 4 worthy priesthood holders besides the missionaries in the entire city. This branch is super new, only about a year and 10 months.
    We also had interviews with President Matthews again. It was pretty good but nothing crazy special. He always starts the same way, "Are you obedient?" then it goes on from there. He is really into obedience. It's crazy though, I never really talk to him much about how I feel, but during the interview he said "I know after spending so much time in Ribeira Grande you didn't feel like you were progressing or becoming a better missionary, but I've seen you progress a lot here in the past few months." Which is completely true, it was definitely the spirit that told him cuz I have never told anybody that. I definitely feel like a much more powerful teacher now. It's nice to have someone to talk to about everything that's not your comp (nothing against McMullin, I love that kid).
     Oh and speaking of McMulling, some guy totally punched him in the chest this past week, lol. They guy is mentally ill so he didn't really know what he was doing. He is always walking around the streets. We walked past him and I heard a super loud smack, so I turned and McMullin had the most confused look on his face lol.
    I forgot my camera this week, so I'll send pics next week! (sorry) Also, I'll be Skyping home on Mother's Day next month, Elder Gooch was nice enough to give me his web cam before he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment